Monday, August 4, 2008

Domestic Goddess vs Corporate Tai-tai

Monday started off pretty traumatizing for me today. Hahah, lucky my sanity is still intact after the 2-hr lecture.

The past 2-3 weeks have been torturing really, workwise and nothing is more gratifying than to have the EAC finishing real quick so we can actually have some space to breathe. Seriously. Although I did have my previous lecture notes, I do need to revise it from time to time and study too, but doing so requires extra hours from me, which is of course have not been possible for the past few weeks. I do not know how all this while I survived giving lecture so unprepared. But life must go on so they said.... :P

Last week I didnt even managed to take a glance at my lecture notes for Monday's class (today) let alone studying. Alternative, was to bring work home. Blerghhh.... Saturday morning I was up extra early, cooked nasi goreng for breakfast and did spring cleaning of the room. Sorted few clothes for laundry. Took me half a day. Mind u, I didnt managed to lap lagi the habuks. Cooked lunch, and went to my in-laws in the afternoon. Stayed there and cooked again for dinner. It was almost 10 pm when we reached home. I woke up scratching the side of my face only to find out I slept with my glasses last night. Too tired to take it off. Crazy kan. Haha.

Then on Sunday, Hubby was busy helping FIL moving things so I was occupied with daughter all day long. She slept at 1 pm for 3 good hours. Finally some rest for me. But I didnt do my notes, instead I was busy baking cake. *Spank me please*. Daughter woke up in time for the kek kukus to cook. Fed my daughter and entertained her until other half got back and joined me to watchTV3 news. Had dinner with hubby and after that he played with daughter while I do the dishes.

Hubby was too tired, so he went upstairs and conked immediately. Back to taking care of darling daughter again until she sleeps. I need to do some ironing, thus requested mom to look after daughter for a while. After I am done with changing the pillowcase, daughter requested to watch the brainy baby cd (average 8 times per day) and while watching it the rule is I MUST be around, otherwise she would cry. I am supposed to make that ga-ga, oohhh, uuuuu, wahhh... sound too with her. Her regular bedtime is near or after midnight, sometimes even at 2 am. No she didn't sleep at 8 or 9 pm like other kids do. So last night it was 11.45, not too bad.

It was only at 12 midnight I get to do my notes. I took the notebook and book by my side (on the bed ~ silap besar la kan!!!), and did my notes for a while. Hubby sleeps so peacefully with daughter by his sides (she co sleep with us) and I continued my work fighting myself from falling asleep. The next thing I knew, I woke up with another itchy feeling on the side of my left eye (darn that glasses), and my book nicely sprawled on the pillow and notebook screen saver flashing on my face. You can figure out how I slept last night. Ha ha ha...

And today, as a result... for breakfast I tapau some karipap and ate them in the car, while reading my book. Time checked 9.25. Damn. 35 mins before class and still 3 more pages to read. Reached my room at 9.45. Printed the assignment 2 (PBL) for the class. And by 10 am I was already in class distributing the assignment. The first 1 hr was for them to do the assignment while I revised my lecture notes. He he... Oh dear... But nonetheless, lecture was fine today.

Switching from domestic goddess to a 9-5 corporate tai-tai aint easy kan? And keeping a sky rocketing KPI is even tougher. And thinking about the bills can drive you nuts too. There were many occasions that I feel like crying when we reached home, because I am so freaking tired, but when my daughter greets me with this smile everyday and hug me and pat my back (yes she does that all the times funny kan), the world seems to revolve around her, only her. I have completely forgotten about myself.

Presenting my daughter with her latest skill memujuk mau ikut pigi kedai with her seluar pendek & pinkish flowery slipper...



No comments: