While marking the students' work, I couldnt help but noticed an annoying pattern in the answers they are giving me. The similar marks they are getting show the consistency of copying each other! Even up to the point of printing the same cover page.
Clever or stupid? Yes? No?
Am I angry? At first yes, but now it has changed to sympathy. If only they knew that the world outside is so cruel that they will not survived even for 2 secs if they keep on practicing this habit. No colleagues in the world would be happy if you are taking credits on their work.
My dearest students, please do remember. Although it may seem safe to be doing this now, there will come a day in your life especially when you have the privileged to be real adults old enough to take responsibility, you must accept the fact that you cannot be digging other people's backyard for food (say they have small kebun ka?? :)).
Remember ok?
Clever or stupid? Yes? No?
Am I angry? At first yes, but now it has changed to sympathy. If only they knew that the world outside is so cruel that they will not survived even for 2 secs if they keep on practicing this habit. No colleagues in the world would be happy if you are taking credits on their work.
My dearest students, please do remember. Although it may seem safe to be doing this now, there will come a day in your life especially when you have the privileged to be real adults old enough to take responsibility, you must accept the fact that you cannot be digging other people's backyard for food (say they have small kebun ka?? :)).
3 comments:
I used to do the same thing..kalau tengok ja the cover is the same, the insides the same..i will give all of them a slightly lower mark..
It's so rare to find students with originality and their own work ideas..
now i add a few points for originality lo. I gave up on the copies that I dont mark common assignments anymore, i give them unique group or individual assignments. Die one la. When I was in the US, yes we copied, but we actually recalculated the work and thought it through. Nowadays, it's monkey is as monkey does. And they get mad when I say my dogs are smarter :)
linachu:true, very rare to find students who are willing to do their own work.
luvbuddhabear: well, giving them unique/individual assignment is a good way to avoid plagiarism, that is if we dont mind spending more time marking it. *pengsan*
i did copy my friends during uni days, but for the sake of learning u cannot just simply copy things bluntly. hmm... :)
Post a Comment