Thursday, August 6, 2009

Of student who got infected

One of my student who got infected with H1N1 came to the class this morning though doctor didn't allow him to do so because he has not fully recovered. I was having my lecture as usual when he came in, thus I did not wear the mask when I gave my lecture because the students could not hear me. He came without wearing his mask too and approached me and told me of his long absence since last week. Only when he introduced himself that I realized of the situation.

Okay, at first I was angry at myself for not wearing my mask, but I guess I am more pissed off that the student didn't have any common sense to at least wear his because he is aware of his health status. I could see that he was coughing during his 1-2 minute presence in the class. He should have not come to the class as the doctor instructed him to quarantine himself at home. Of course, I requested him to leave the class immediately and went home.

We found out later on that the main reason he went to the class was to inform me about the attendance. He could have just call his friends or me for that matter. I went to the clinic and got myself checked. Alhamdulillah I am fine. But the doctor asked to me to watch out for any symptoms within the next 48 hrs. I think instead of going home to my mom's place, I should just go home to menggatal house, and distance myself from the kids for about a week or so.

Kenapa la budak2 nih begini....

1 comment:

Misako said...

bingungkan diorang.. rajin ndak bertempat.. obidient ndak kira masa..