Saturday, February 23, 2008

MTE PWTC

The 3-day expo at PWTC was nothing but a fun and fruitful event for me. And tonite's dinner has proved that one's desire for knowledge is not all about winning a medal, but entirely honest in what u are doing is what matters the most. And I just love it when the mrsm student strike a gold medal for their amazing work for environmental control, but I just think they shouldn't be categorized in the same level of the university. Yes, we are encouraging the school children to explore new things and be creative, but to some or perhaps to most of the participants, its like a bombshell or if not, it surely feels like a big fat slap on their face for loosing to such a young mind. But nonetheless, we'll just need to focus on the positive side of the whole story, or perhaps at least pretend to do so. More effort needs to be done. Titik.

Liawas did win a gold medal though, which of course we all so proud of. He promised to belanja us all just now and we shall see about that tomorrow. Hahaha.....The rest will coming home with some bronze, while the rest empty handed including moi. But I wasnt putting any hope of winning as I was not even inventing any new technology neither making new product. I was representing other people's work some more which should explain on the limitation of my knowledge. Hence, the low marks. I did the best I could but nothing beats the feelings of presenting your own work. Kan?? Hmm..I dont even know what am I doing, or should I be doing it...Sesshhh....What am I thinking??? It feels weird, awkward at times, and scary too thinking that I have to actually this again, presenting other people's work (on behalf of course), in the future. Is it legal?? I dont know, but the one thing I'm pretty sure off is that I met wonderful researchers and various interesting inventions to which I can conclude that the university is such a baby compared to other universities. I think the syok sendiri research culture in u*s is too much instill in us. But then again, who am i to speak as I myself is nowhere along this path. Ahaks...Well I do hope, I can do something and contribute something but I need some light here for I am so lost. Sad isnt it?

I'm so tired. Exhausted is the word. I cant stand the traffic, and I still couldnt understand while people over here walk super duper fast. Tak sakit kaki ke?? But I love the food though haha. Hmm....I miss everyone at home. And cant wait to back tomorrow. Speaking of which I havent pack my things yet, aduii...we'll be checking out tmrw morninng, but lucky me I will not be in the morning shift for the exhibition, guess I just dump everything in the bag (will take few mins only kan...hehe hopefully) tomorrow morning.

I guess I just hit the bed now, so sleepy and besides its gonna be another long day for us. Nite uols!

No comments: