Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday ramblings

I am supposed to be on leave today but here I am stuck in the office and still waiting for hubby to fetch me. Since next week is the midterm break, in conjunction with the CNY celebration, I just couldn’t afford to cancel my class again. Lecture should be conducted as usual this morning, hence I still come to work today. I thought of going back as soon as I’m done lecturing. I applied for leave for mom is already worried sick at home thinking of the so many things that need to be done prior to bro’s engagement comes Saturday. I have promised mom I would help her with all the last min preparation today and for that I already applied for leave yesterday (kununnya) and yet here I am still in the office now. Apparently hubby was called up for meeting this afternoon. Don’t u just hate all the segera notice at workplace. Time check 3.05 p.m. Enough said, I am such a terrible daughter.


I met up with one of my senior colleague earlier this morning to get the approval letter to go for an expo this month. Well, that’s not the main point I wanted to stress out here. Its just that he got the wrong idea when I asked him about grant application. Simply put as, to my dismay, he totally misunderstood my question and frustrated I wasn’t that keen to further elaborate or should I say explain to him. Other issue to note also is my procrastination on the phd project he had suggested from u*m. I just couldn’t bring myself to say no, neither yes. Well that is a clear indication that I am not so much into it, rite? Sheesshh…


Darling daughter is approaching 16 mths old and she hasn’t started walking yet and I am getting worried. Should I? Her physical development is somewhat slower than that of her cousins but her speech and understanding are developing quite well. She prefers books than toys and loves banana so much. Every time she heard the azan, she’ll straight away pray (in her own way of course) by doing the sujud position. Amazing right? I’m missing her already.


As part of the preparation of engagement, moi had done an extensively hasil keras tangan by herself for the hantaran. And surprisingly, they turn out well. I’ll snap the picture later to prove it. Hahaha. Puji diri sendiri. I have asked around and they charged nearly rm70 per hantaran, which is pricy so I just did the hantaran myself and it only costs me rm20 each. Beza byk kan. The one thing I found out during my experimental work, is that how much I enjoyed doing it even to the wee hours. I have learnt that no matter how late it is and how tired you are, you just couldnt stop doing something that you really like. It’ll not be a burden to you and similarly in life, its all about loving what you do. Then only all is well. Right??

Till then. Have a nice weekend people…

No comments: