Friday, January 2, 2009

I'm Back

Sorry for the long absence. The internet connection at home sucks big time. That blue company is fooling around with us maybe. But its okay, as surprisingly, I survived the internet-free holiday.

It was indeed one of the longest break I took last year. Pretending to be sahm for the past 2 weeks. Tiring, but fun! fun! fun! I cooked, took extra time playing with daughter, did spring cleaning of our room, and also found out that being a tv-holic is fun too. Guess what, I also managed to watch the dvds that I bought 6 mths ago. I was enjoying myself so much that I cracked up a joke to hubby about wanting to quit my job and be a full time housewife. Hubby took the longest pause in his life before finally saying yes. Ha ha. Well, that is of course just plain talk or wishful thinking. Definitely not going to happen anytime soon, unless hubby landed himself a big jackpot enough to cater until our 6th generation than perhaps that would be a different story altogether.

So until then, I just had to drag my lazy butt to work today. Hmmm... but sadly, work progress has been on a snail pace as of now. Still in holiday mode perhaps. But I do need to plan for so many things before I go for my maternity leave, which is very very soon. I guess in my life, I just worry so much about things, and like to plan for everything that I do, and that keeps my head so clogged. Maybe for 2009, I just need to laid back a bit, learn to relax, while at the same time I am still able to achieve my dreams. I have to learn to work smart and learn to enjoy life. Smile and laugh once in a while. Time to put on the happy hat.

2 weeks, and many things have happened at the workplace. Another colleague leaving. In the span of 2-3 years many friends have left this place. Strange at first, but seriously nothing wrong with exploring other opportunities. Kan? Talk about opportunities, I dont know if anyone is aware about this. But, seriously, I am seeing new trend at my cowboy town. People are drawn to this new business ventures. Shall I call it a business or what? You are able to gain the paycheck you used to get in one year, but in a much shorter time say 5 weeks by venturing into the so-called business. Weird, but this is true, most of my close relatives have join this new phenomenon and surprisingly they make huge profit out of it. Now, pensioners in my kampung earn more than I do. As a matter of fact, I can never get that much of kah-ching that they get even if I work day and night here until the day I retired. Interesting huh?

Maybe I just need to check on the notes, and re-arrange the lab schedule and find a demo as of today. Have a nice weekend uols! Oh yeah, hope its not too late to wish Selamat Tahun Baru to everyone :)

7 comments:

farrahar said...

Happy new year! Bila mau POP nih???

LoveBuddhaBear said...

Welcome back:). yes, we are all in hibernating mood la but the two weeks off has been good for me too, finally couaght up with sleep and my soul. I'm happy you are well and hope this semeseter will be better :)

mai said...

Farah: Hi, Dr sudah kasi 2 EDDs, as she is still confused. Now I am confused. Its either the 10th, or 26th Jan. Excited tp takut juga...

LoveBuddhaBear: Great that you had a nice break too! :) Looking forward for the new semester. Very happy to see the young faces again!

Misako said...

semoga semuanya selamat ;) according to ur 1st EDD, nampaknya tgh menunggu harilah ni.. bah, happy new year to u too.. take care ya..

mai said...

thanks k.ct. daoakan ya. seram nih..

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year 2009 and 1430H juga!

Interest about your comment on your so-called business. Seems interesting but beware! Think more than twice before join it!. That type of business is actually OK whereby you can get profit if no people make foolish around. It will become NOT OK when government body such as BANK NEGARA MALAYSIA or Security Commission do detect the operation of such business. When they detect it the account of the company will be hold and no payment can be made towards the member

Ye la kat sini mcm2 business mcm tuh ada ma... Terkena batang hidung sendiri pun ada juga! Early stage mungkin OK tp sampai satu masa akan jatuh juga. Klu nak masuk kena cepat la....

Last but not least, doakan Miju selamat semuanya melahirkan baby no 2.

mai said...

Hi kam, lama x dgr cerita.

No worries, I'm not joining any.

Thanks, same to you my dear friend!