Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Kitchen Disaster

Today is the 10th day of fasting. How time flies kan? My first kuih raya preparation last weekend was a disaster. Why? Tart nanas sudah bertukar menjadi kuih siput. Ha ha ha. A must have kuih raya for me is tart nanas, and strangely this year I decided to follow that stup*d buku recipe for the ingredients. Padahal selalunya tak refer pon, coz it is easy peasy to do and I made it before on several occasions. Tapi yg pasti setahun sekali la. Hahaha. The dough was so oily and as I said it was a complete disaster. So as for plan B, I just add more flour, salt and spices, and there u have it... kuih siput... he he he... oh dear... nasib tidak melatop ja dapur tuh.

Spent the morning reading the papers, and updating the long overdue proposal. Sh*t. Its been 4 mths already. But I couldnt help it, mata saya sungguh kicik sudah, I think I was typing with my eyes closed for a few times. So sleepy today. Perhaps that sleeping after midnight nearly everyday and getting up at 4 is the main culprit. My daughter still refuses to sleep much earlier like other toddlers would do. I wonder why. And how can I just get her to sleep at a normal cycle. Because I desperately need a decent sleeping hours too, otherwise I'll be walking with my eyes closed at the office pretty soon. I just prayed so hard yesterday that I didnt conked out in front of my boss during the meeting. But yeah, I guess when we entered motherhood, sleep becomes an expensive commodity.

We had the moderation meeting yesterday, which I presumed much much later than the other programmes. I just hope things will be settled sooner as today is the day we need to submit the questions to the school. Hmm...

Yesterday morning, after sahur, in my hurry, I tripped over and injured my knee. I hit the floor quiet hard. Hence 2 hrs was spent in the morning getting a massage for my knee, and soon after that we rushed to see DrPretty just to ensure that the baby is fine. No bleeding, or any pain. Its just me being paranoid bah. I just had to make sure that everything is okay. Silly kan.

Just as I entered the room, DrPretty made an immediate remark,"my oh my, u still dont look pregnant to me"... hmm...maybe because of my smaller tummy. Or perhaps I didnt get that much of weight for this pregnancy. Last time, I was as big as a cow. I am aware of it. And concerned. I believed that even some of staffs here are probably confused whether I am having a baby or not. At 6 mths, I still look as if I'm in my first trimester! :) I have gained 5 kilos so far. Only 5 kilos. Hmm... Last night I tried to eat as much as I can. After a heavy Iftar and rested for a while, at 10 p.m. I stuffed myself with laksa, nasi kerabu and kfc burger, followed by a glass of milk. Non-stop makan. He he, sakit perut too full and I was having trouble to breathe. Crazy. But I am glad :)

Sometimes I do feel like I am not providing enough nutrients for my baby. I eat moderately but I still have the pills and lots of milk. But still the guilt is there. Why? I am just worried when Dr.Pretty told me that the head's development is 3 weeks lagging than the other parts of his/her body. Sheesshh.. Is it because of me? Did I eat something that I shouldnt? Or am I eating less than I should. She had arranged me an appointment with the specialist this saturday, but I just couldn't wait that long. Or maybe I should just go to Dr. Felice. What should I do actually? I just hope and pray in this holy month, that everything will be just fine.

2 comments:

Kamria said...

He..he have been waiting for your new post previous day... but now come with new image ha.. nice.. ! Just want to share about the sleeping time of your daugther.. Syuhada.. May be try check her sleeping time in daytime... maybe she has sleep more than enough in day time.. that's why she's difficult to sleep at night. Last time I also let my daughter sleep more in day time (senang nak wat keja maa..) and the result is like yours. However after sent my daughter to this nursery... and I've been told that they only let the baby and other kids sleep once a day (in the afternoon) that's enough. Everything is ok right now... Dunno wether this advice can help you or not coz I also dunno your daughter'sleeping habit currently.

mai said...

hi kam :)

my daughter sleeps 1-2 hr in the afternoon, just once. thats all. sometimes there are days she refuses to take her nap at daytime.

ntahla. but last night she slept before 10. finally. i was fast asleep afterwards. ha ha. maybe she was too tired. i believed there's no other way than to play with her smpi la dia letih sgt2, and tidur sendiri. :)

thx for dropping in!